Monday, February 24, 2014

SURPRISE!

This month has been super busy and a bit stressful, from the projects at work, trying to sell the loft, trying to purchase a home, packing and moving items into storage, Houston Rodeo about to kick off and the committee meetings obligations, classes starting this week for the PE (Professional Engineering) exam in April, and trying to be make time for Amos and myself. Deep Breathes....

Well my birthday was last week (right in the middle of all this stress) and I was home, which was nice since I missed it last year because I was offshore for work. Because I travel a lot for my work, I tend to miss holidays, birthdays, etc. so I don't really make a big deal for my birthday, but I never really did in the past anyways. So on Wednesday for my birthday Amos and I went to a local brewery that had a private event (~50 guest) and served a five course meal (that's right FIVE courses) and paired each dish with their beers. It was AMAZING and I will never ever forget that meal and experience; Amos got major points. So after Wednesday night, I went right back into go mode and another birthday behind me. 

On Saturday morning I was feeling a little down and overwhelmed by all of the stuff going on in my life, and not everything going as smoothly as I would like. So when Amos said that we were having a small dinner at a friends house I didn't think twice about it. I was ready to kick my feet up, drink some wine, and talk the night away; all while wearing what I woke up in, which included no makeup. When we showed up to the friends house with some other friends and went through the house to go to the backyard for some drinks we were out there two seconds when all of a sudden a large group of people came out and screamed S-U-R-P-R-I-S-E! All of our friends and family were there to celebrate my birthday and a close friend's birthday (who's birthday falls the day after mine). I have never been so surprised in my life and was truly overwhelmed by all of the love and work put into it. Amos wins again and got MAJOR points. The night was perfect and I couldn't have asked for a better birthday or evening.  

This all got me thinking that one day I would love to return the favor and do this for Amos. I don't know when or how, but I am determined to do it. Here are some cute ideas that I have seen so far.









Having a Theme

Making a cd with all of his favorite songs and handing them out as party favors!

Hope y'all have a lovely day!

Signature photo Signiture_zps5dfab27f.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment