Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Our Engagement/Housewarming Party - Setting Up - Part 2 - Chalkboards

Hey y'all! I'm going to continue the engagement party series of posts and talk about all of the chalkboard writing I did for the party. I painted this huge chalkboard in our dining area (see post here) and I wanted something really cute for the party, see examples here, but I just didn't have the time to do anything fancy and just stuck with a simple "Amos and Ashley Engagement Party."  Plus I would like to invest, down the road, in some type of projector to help assist in design and fonts when I draw/write on the chalkboard, especially since it is so large and a big focal point in the room. 

I plan on taking a calligraphy class in November so hopefully that will help with future chalkboard writing 
Two weeks before the party I had a chill Saturday evening and while I was watching TV I decided to work on some of the smaller chalkboard signs and labels. What better way to work on stuff then when you are relaxed and drinking a nice glass of wine in bed! I had my laptop out and I did a few searches in pinterest for chalkboard fonts and once I found what I liked I started to freehand the font on the smaller signs/labels. I was really pleased with how they turned out and excited; so excited that I got up, from the cozy bed, and started to work on the setups for the dessert and drink stations. Here are a few shots of the chalkboards and me starting to set up the dessert and drink stations. 







  



Press on Chalkboard "Menu" and Flowers, White Drink Bucket, Bar Cart (On Sale), Chalkboard Labels - Target
Plastic Mason Jars w/ Lids & Straws, Push Pops - Etsy 
Basket, Pitchers, Dispensers, Chalkboard signs - Marshall's Homegoods
Cake Stands - Sweet Lulu

No comments:

Post a Comment