Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Fiddle Leaf Fig Tree!

I will be the first to admit that I do not have a green thumb by any means. However, I absolutely love plants and flowers. I grew up where my dad planted anything and everything in our yard. I spend a many of afternoons helping him spread the soil over the newly planted flowers and adding on new flower beds to the endlessly growing yard. When I lived in the loft I had may run through of a few potted plants that just didn't make it. So I gave up for awhile and just bought real flowers to last a few weeks or stuck with the reliable fake plants
//via//

Since moving into a house with a yard I gave it another go to buying real plants. My most recent plant purchase I couldn't be more thrilled with. I have never in my life owned a plant/tree this size, especially for indoor, but when I stumbled across a few pinterest pictures with this plant I had to know what it was. The plant I speak of is the Fiddle Leaf Fig Tree. It automatically brightens a room and I love the shade of green the leaves are...gorgeous!! So I a started to Google where to buy these and I was quickly let down to find that these trees are not cheap, they can range from 500 dollars to over a 1000 dollars. But I did not give up on my search and found a local indoor plant website that sold one for only $139 dollars!!! And that was a 5-8 ft tall! What a steal! So I ordered one right away and the next week it was delivered. The best part is that is seem like relatively low maintenance. The guy said it is actually better to underwater them then to over-water them. I love love love it!!! So happy with this purchase!

Here are some images that first inspired me with the purchase.

//via//

//via//

//via//

This is the local indoor plant (from their website) that I bought!

//via//

Here is what the plant I bought looks like in the main living room. I didn't have time to get a pot this weekend and well I also kind of forgot. So after the plant was delivered I rushed out and got a pot for it (not seen though in the pictures below). 




Signature photo Signiture_zps5dfab27f.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment