Tuesday, December 22, 2015

An "Early" Family Christmas Dinner

I found out that I was going to have to go out of town during the Christmas holiday for work. The downside with working in the field that I do is that I don't know when I will be returning. I am done when the job is done. Having missed holidays before and being in this field for almost nine years it easiest to assume your stay will be longer then shorter. So I decided to host an intimate family Christmas dinner before I left so we could have some time to celebrate together; especially when I don't know when I would be returning. 

This was pulled together rather quickly, my skills of entertaining continue to improve more and more. I made Shepard's Pie again, which I tried out for the first time for our Friendsgiving we hosted this year. Amos's parents brought tamales and my parents brought homemade mac-n-cheese. So we had a pretty nice feast. I would have liked to have done more, but time was limited and really it was just nice to all be together. So I hope y'all have a lovely holiday and enjoy being with loved ones! 








Sources:
All plates, napkins, white bowls with gold accents, and glasses: Anthropologie
Napkin holders and white bowl: Marshall's Homegoods
Chargers: It's been awhile I'm not sure? 
Clear Vases: BHLDN
Silver Vase and glass water jugs/bottles: Save-on-Crafts
Bronze silverware: Target (last year)
Flowers: On clearance at local Kroger
White little "cups" (sweeteners were in): Pottery Espresso Cups we bought in Italy on our honeymoon

No comments:

Post a Comment