Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Updates to Our Formal Living Room

Alright guys I had to do it finally, I had to move the pink rug from our front living room. At first I absolutely loved the pink rug with the velvet blue sofa (purchased from Anthropologie, here). It was definitely a very colorful and edgier look than I normally go for. However, with the colors from the books and other accent objects the room was started to feel a little too much for me. Plus I wanted more of a flow from this room to our other living room, which definitely has a lighter palette. 


The ultimate move for me to get a new rug was when I saw this marble and gold coffee table from Nate Berkus line at Target, which I got on sale, and I placed it in my online shopping cart right away.  So my next move was to get a complimentary rug to really change this space up with the new coffee table. In the end I went with this rug, also on sale, and I love it. It is super soft and goes well with all the pieces in this room. 

I didn't get rid of any of the pieces I moved out of this room and I have already found other places for them in our home. Now I just need to start adding more accents for fall in this room and it will be good to go. 

Before Look


Current Look


 



No comments:

Post a Comment